- Does the accompanying challenge of putting on compression socks worry you?
- Are you looking for an easy step-by-step guide to address your basic query of how to put on compression socks?
If yes, then the following post will empower you with the same.
It is important to carefully handle these socks as any type of pinching during your efforts of putting them on, may tear them apart. Therefore, one should use a pair of Donning Gloves as it firmly grips the socks without nailing or pinching it. Therefore, you pleasantly experience an easy transaction of how to put on compression socks in a uniform manner easily and quickly too.
Also Check – Can You Sleep in Compression Socks?
How to Put on Compression Socks?
- Is it your first time? Be patient
Even if you have the notion that it won’t take much time while addressing the query of how to put on compression socks, but reality is different. You need to do practice and that requires your patience for sure. You aren’t alone when it comes to facing challenges while wearing the first time.
- Be mindful
You just had a good night sleep and you should realize that morning is the perfect time for you to wear that.
Since, it is recommended to put your socks first, so as to avoid swelling which may occur later on due to indulging in activities in rest of the day.
- Use talcum powder
Ensure that feet and legs don’t have even an iota of moisture, as they should be completely dry. It is understandable that compression socks are tight, but by using talcum powder you can reduce the friction as it removes the possibility of any moisture. If you don’t want to use talcum powder you can go with cotton compression socks which have enough space that helps your legs to get dry fast.
- Use foot-slip to slide the open toe socks easily
In the case of wearing open-toe socks, the best thing is to use the foot-slip which you have got. Also, your heels and toe are properly oriented in the process.
- Sit correctly
Now, one of the ways of how to put on compression socks is to place your toes into the toe area of the socks.
Simply bunch the rest of the sock, so as to slowly open it
Make sure that you are actually sitting on a chair so that you can easily do the activity. Otherwise, if you are standing then you will experience difficulty.
If you are new to this, then you can even take other’s help in beginning, so that you can actually become proficient in the same.
- Smooth the Fabric
Do you know that you have to free out any creases in the fabric once you have put on your socks? Yes indeed. After all, if unchecked it may exert excessive pressure which may hamper the circulation process and hence cause discomfort. It is for this reason that you are advised not to fold the top of your compression socks. Hence, smooth out any creases, so that optimum pressure is applied.
- Use a Plastic Bag
Have you ever realized that using a plastic bag offers another way that actually helps you to slide your open-toe compression socks easily? Yes, indeed.
Simply slip a plastic bag over heel and foot
After all, the slippery surface of the plastic bag will address the biggest query of how to put on compression socks as it favors the hose slip to easily get onto your legs.
As your socks are on, be very careful in pulling out the loose plastic bag from the open toe area
- Apply lotion during night
Never apply lotion right before putting the socks on, or else the moisture will literally make it impossible for you to wear the same. So what you can do? Well, you can apply moisture at night as this give enough time for the cream to be fully absorbed into the skin. Thus, it makes the skin of your legs smooth in the morning so that the compression socks can easily find its way.
What you should know?
- You should realize that compression socks are tighter than the normal ones. So, you need certain practice before you get used to it.
- Never sleep with your compression socks. It is important to remove them before you go to bed. After all, your skin of the leg needs to equally breathe as well. Now, that you have learnt the complete ways of how to put on compression socks, it is equally important to know that removing it very easy too. Simply roll down the stocking to your ankle. Now, use the thumb to move the rolled up sock away from the heel.
- Have atleast two pairs of compression socks, so that you can give the other to laundry. It is important to wash these socks with hands by using warm water along with laundry soap. Any excess water can be wringed as you roll the compression socks in a towel.
Finally, as you have come so far towards reading the method of how to put on compression socks, you would be delighted that from now on your ‘challenges’ will give way to ‘ease’ while you put the socks on. This is how you have attained another ‘healthy’ method to take care of yourself.